Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Totals of Subtotals in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelanieLHG

Technical User
Jul 2, 2009
DE
Hi,

I am helping out in the voluntary sector and once they found out I had anything slightly to do with computers asked if I could create a database for them. It involves entering lots of figures, getting subtotals of these then a total of the subtotals

e.g say there were fields for the following items

cars
Vans
Lorries
bikes

I then created a report that showed four results from the Sum of cars, the Sum of Vans, Sum of Lorries, sum of bikes. How would I then go about getting one whole total of the sum of cars, vans lorries and bikes?

Any help would be grately appreciated

Thanks

Melanie

Forum703 would probably be the best place to look for/ask this question because it's something that can be done in the report by adding a totals section, but I'm not knowledgeable about the reports so I can't be more specific.

HTH

Leslie

Come join me at New Mexico Linux Fest!

And if you're talking about Lorries, you must be playing Call of Duty 1 or 2. Which one are you playing?

Wait, nevermind..

[wink]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Hi All,

Thanks for replying to my message.

LOL no I havent been playing COD :p

Melanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor