Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

totally helpless....

Status
Not open for further replies.

wearelegion83

Technical User
Oct 12, 2002
US
ok here it goes.. i have a few errors that i need help with. i have a geforece 4 ti 4600 vid card and it was working recently and then it get stuck in that infinte loop.it probably worked for awhile and then went to crap due to incompatibility wityh win xp. the error im getting is nv4_disp.dll. i instyalled all the latest drivers from nvidia but they are not compatible with xp. second i need to know where i can get usb controller drivers or how to find out the manufacturer form mine(not in sys devices)
if anyone can help me id be greatfully appreciative. thanks alot

1) Your GeForce4 Ti 4600 card should work fine in XP. You downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers, but have you upgraded the ones for your chipset/motherboard? If you have a VIA chipset, your problem will probably be solved once you install the latest Via 4-in-1 drivers. Also don't forget to visit Windows Update to make sure XP has the latest patches.

2) USB 1.1 or 2.0? USB 1.1 is native to XP, so you shouldn't need to download/install any new drivers. If you are talking about USB 2.0, it comes with XP Service Pack 1. What is the USB device in question? Perhaps you are talking about the device's drivers? If so, we need more info like make/model.

Definitely post back with a complete description of the hardware config you're running... ~cdogg

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
- A. Einstein

thanks for the help c dogg. i was talkin about usb 1 and in my system device manager it show the usb controler not having any driver on it. same with the simple communications controller. i think i might have not upgraded the chipsets vid drivers so ill go look for them. can overheating cause this because ive heard some stuff about that too.

hey guys i found out the nv4 disp is more than likely your fan on your video card. get a good fan and some heat sinks and you wont get this error anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back