Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Totaling values from selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

degroat

Programmer
Sep 15, 2003
US
I'm not even sure where to start w/ this, so I guess I'll begin by explaining what I want to achieve...

The page I need to create is for a fantasy hockey game. Users would use this page to select their 12 forwards, 6 defenseman, and two goaltenders. As they select their players, the total salaries of the players would adjust accordingly and display to the user and if the total exceeds the cap, the user wouldn't be allowed to submit.

Each player has a player_id that corresponds with their name and a salary. So, their player_id's would have to get passed through to the following page, not their salaries.

So, I guess my question is what would be the best way to go about doing this?

Pulldowns for each spot on the roster is an option, but probably not the cleanest one. I was kind of thinking about using some sort of list setup where the user would select a player, and move him to the right. There'd be 6 boxes total. The three left boxes would be populated with all the forwards, defensemen, and goaltenders while the right boxes would be where the players are moved to.

If anyone could give me some suggestions and then point me in the right direction (perhaps to some existing code) since I struggle with Javascript I'd greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back