Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Total Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twillz

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
US
I have this query that is a total query. Here are the field in the query: Part = Group
Qty = Sum

What I would to do is have a inventory form that show the parts(group), the Qty(sum) and ordered, I have the form and it shows the parts, and qty but I can't update the ordered field because of the total query used to get the part and qty. Is there another way to group records together and get the sum of them?

Thanks

Can you post the query here? Just click on the SQL button on the button bar and copy the SQL statement and paste here so we can see it.

SELECT tbl_SubKit.Part, Sum(tbl_SubKit.QTY) AS SumOfQTY
FROM tbl_SubKit
GROUP BY tbl_SubKit.Part;

and I would to have two more fields added

I would create one query to get the ordered, then combine that query with the one you have above in a third query and base your form on the third query.

Let me know if this does not make sense.

I made the queries but still can not update the ordered field

Ordered is a blank field and I want to enter in how many a need in that field .

In your query, you might want to put something like this:

ordered = [Whatever it is you want to update it with]

are you trying to updated it from the same table? What fields are you using to update it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back