Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Total novice needs a push!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineighbor

Technical User
Jan 19, 2012
US
Hi guys,

I have been reading through a lot of the forum posts and found some great information, but I have not found an answer that I can understand to this seemingly simple problem I am having.

I wrote a script that dials into a modem and takes a screenshot of the information that the modem sends to procomm and then hangs up. It does this for 20 modems then quits leaving a capture file with ascii text of what was found.

The problem is that if the modem doesn't pick up or it's busy the script is just timing out on the waitfor command, taking a screen shot of the blank screen, then moving on. I would like the program to try the modem 3 times before it quits and moves to the next one. For the life of me I can't figure it out when it should be an easy problem right? Could one of the gurus please help me get started on this? Thanks!

Can you post your code?
After your modem-connection-code completes for each modem, it might be possible to have the code take take an action based on a connection status that is set.

I can't post the code because of the nature of my job, but I did figure it out though. I got the waitfor command in the wrong spot so once I fixed that it worked close enough to call it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back