Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Total newbie, help to create DB and frontend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2005
GB
Hi,
I'm looking at creating a database, either from scratch or importing an access database, then creating a 'frontend' to access the data, create forms and reports etc...

What I'm really looking for initially are idea's for the best way to accomplish this, I'd like to try to do this as inexpensively as possible hence the use of MySQL.

Any idea's or links to resources would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mick.

You need to define where the front end should run. If its going to be web based then look into Web technologies such as PHP. If its a dekstop application you'll need to find a dekstop programming environment.

For the cheaper choice go Web based. Even if its for local use, building a web application you can host locally is always going to be the cheaper choice.

Then have an idea of how much traffic you expect, so the server holding the DB and in case of web based frontends, the website or webppage can handle the traffic load.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back