Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Total Hours from V_CHK_VW_HOURS

Status
Not open for further replies.

farkmischer

Programmer
Jan 20, 2011
US
I need the total Hours worked for an employee from V_CHK_VW_HOURS or somewhere else if I am looking in the wrong place.
I found the CHECKVIEWHOURSAMT field and the CHECKVIEWHOURSCODE and everything looked pretty easy to add and get a total. I noticed that these fields covered our hours we put in for training and meetings and night differential but the regular hours and overtime hours are missing. So I looked and found CHECKVIEWOTHOURS and CHECKVIEWREGHOURS. I thought I was home free and would just add everything together but then noticed that if an employee had 3hrs of training time and 3hrs of staff meeting on the same check their regular hours and overtime hours would be listed twice. For example:

PayDate Name CVHOURSAMT CVHOURSCODE CVOTHOURS CVREGHOURS
10/2 Bob 3 M 0 9.17
10/16 Bob 1.33 M 5.75 8.92
10/16 Bob 61.92 N(night diff) 5.75 8.92

How do I add the 1.33 + 61.92 + 5.75 + 8.92 without adding the 5.75 and 8.92 twice.

I am using Report Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back