Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Total beginner wanting to learn HTML and web design

Status
Not open for further replies.

abaddonb

MIS
Jul 25, 2002
US
If I'm in the wrong forum, I apologize.

Currently I work in Networking but want to learn the area of HTML and web design. I have no experience in programming but am very interested in learing. Could anyone recommend some good sites or books to get started??

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Get "HTML Black Book" by Coriolis printing. It explains almost all basic concepts of web programming, touching on Javascript, css, xml, etc. Great book!

Thanks guys. I'll definitely check out the book M3Fan.

Wullie- I did a search on Intro to HTML and that was a site that was brought up. That helped me a lot and I actually got the hang of it. Thanks.

This interactive HTML tutorial is good for a beginner -- very hands-on. Use the Try It Yourself option to get a feel for how the tags work. Each minichapter describes the how's, why's and what the code should look like. The site also features additional web design tips and a Javascript Guide.

Tutorial

Enjoy!

If you want a book, get "the complete idiots guide to creating a web page" available at and It is a very good book for begginers to intermediate level--I still use it all the time to look things up quickly. I learned all I know in html,css,javascript by using:
that book (for most html,css and beginning javascript), (for a bunch of easy to find tutorials on almost anything html related),
(for css),
and (for javascript)

Rick

If you want a book, get "the complete idiots guide to creating a web page" available at and It is a very good book for begginers to intermediate level--I still use it all the time to look things up quickly. I learned all I know in html,css,javascript by using:
that book (for most html,css and beginning javascript), (for a bunch of easy to find tutorials on almost anything html related),
(for css),
and (for javascript)

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY--
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back