Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Total Amounts by Vehicle Type 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpreston

MIS
Mar 4, 2015
GB
Hi

I am trying to create a report that shows the Totals for Vehicle Groups.

We have Vehicle names like ABC - Middlegate 1, ABC - Middlegate 2 etc.....
We also have names like SUB 1, Sub 2, etc....

We also have a field with total volume for each vehicle.

I am trying to get the Grand Totals for all vehicles that are like ABC% and also another grand total for vehicle like Sub%
Also if the name is not liker either of them then total for that. I would also like to see a % of the total for each result to the entire grand total for both.

Could someone please advise how I can achieve this. I have tried to group and put in a formula but cannot get it working. I am also a little inexperienced in formula writing.

Thanks

If all of your types are three digits, then the easy way is to create formula @vtype left(table.vehicle,3)

If there could be other lengths, but there is always a space after the type then the formula would be split(table.vehicle," ")[1]

Then you group on the formula @vtype

Hi

I have put this in the formula but it gives an error when checking it

@vtype left({148_vwJourneyheaderRptCP.VehicleName},3)

Remaining text does not appear to be part of the formula

Any ideas please

Hi

I tires your other solution and then grouped it.

split({148_vwJourneyheaderRptCP.VehicleName}," ")[1]

I now have it grouped and totals showing. I now need to make another formula that shows % of totals in comparison to grand total, any ideas please.

Thanks

Click on Insert and select Summary.
Pick the options to make it total what you need.

You can then create a formula like: ({#Group Total}/{Summary Grand Total})/100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back