Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toshiba Strata DK424

tech1979

Vendor
Feb 7, 2005
US
Ran into an old Toshiba that I have no experience on; my background is Norstar/BCM and IP Office.

Was working on their analog lines when I found that 1 line is loop start and the other is ground start. I also discovered both lines are connected to CO ports on the Toshiba that are set to ground start on the line card. This is based on the jumper on the card itself; which is a model RGLU2.

Both lines will eventually become loop start when they migrate to a voip router with analog handoff ports.

My question is, can those jumpers on the card be moved from ground start to loop start while its seated in the card slot while the system is powered on? If not, can the card be removed, jumpers changed, then reseated while the cabinet is still powered on? I can't do that with the systems I'm familiar with and I'm not finding anything in the documentation I found about hot swapping.

My last resort would be to power down the cabinet the line card is in to make the change, but with such an old system I'm not super confident it would come back up. I don't think its all on a UPS so I'm sure its taken power hits over the years and has come back up.

Also, the customer doesn't have any 20 button phones for programming. Hopefully changing the jumper is the only thing that would be needed.

Any advise would be great.
Thanks.

I don't know Toshiba but looking at the Install/Maint guide page 3-30, it says to turn off the PS under DK40i, but no mention under DK40i/DK424 Universal Slots.
My thinking is anything that old is not hot swappable.

Look at page 3-123 of the programming guide, it appears you do need to choose between T1, Ground Start or Loop (default).

Maybe think about retiring early!

[clown]

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

No. That card will need to be pulled in order to change the jumper.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back