Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toshiba Strata CTX100

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmcvey

Technical User
Mar 23, 2006
US
We have a Toshiba Strata CTX100 in one of our locations :(, our vendor is having difficulty delivering what I think is a simple request. Is the following possible with this system and if so, what are we looking at.

i have a PRI running into the device and i have 3 fax machines @ 3 different extensions - they are very fax based, another :(. Every person sending a fax to them sends it to one phone number which is mapped to extension 1. I want any call that comes in when extension 1 is busy to send to extension 2. If extension 2 is busy it sends it to extension 3. if extension 3 is busy it forwards the call to an external phone # (faxserver).

They have not been able to do this yet and it baffles me, I know i can do it in two minutes on a Nortel BCM. I think they may be using a Hunt group now and just saying it's not possible b/c in order to do what I want they would have to shift their setup slightly - thoughts?

Thanks everybody

Have you tried call forward busy for machine 1 to 2 to 3 to external? I'm not sure that the call will forward that many times, but its worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back