Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toshiba Strata CIX Station Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassymolassee

Technical User
Jun 10, 2005
CA
I was just wondering: is there a way to program station/extension names on a Toshiba Strata CIX system from one of the stations?

The installer didn't program names for all the extensions at my workplace, and some of the ones that WERE programmed are incorrect. None of the stations have been programmed with administrator access and I don't think any of our computers have the eManager software installed.

The stations all consist of DKT-3210SD phones.

In short, is there a feature code that can allow me to edit the names?

Thanks!

Another question:

On our former Norstar system (yeah, our company switched FROM Norstar TO Toshiba for some mysterious reason), my colleagues and I used to like using the "Voice Call" feature wherein you could dial an extension and speak through that extension's speaker instead of ringing it first and waiting for an answer...

Apparently this can be done on Toshibas also by dialling the extension number followed by 2...e.g., to voice-call extension 251, you would dial 2512; unfortunately this doesn't work on our system; I'm guessing it wasn't enabled. Is there a way to activate it from one of the phones? (Again, none of our phones have admin access and none of our PCs have the admin software - neither WinAdmin nor eManager).

Our reception phone is located at extension 221 - this is the only phone in the system that can program the system-wide speed dials, so I figure it's the "main phone" and I'm hoping that something can be done from this extension.

I've already tried looking through the available menus in the three different programming modes accessed through #9876, 3+6+9+HOLD, and *#*#1*2*3*, but can't find anything. Of course for the latter one, I don't have a list of the appropriate programs, so I don't know where to go to begin with so I just exited from there for fear of messing something up.

So to reiterate, can I do anything about the voice-call feature and the station/extension names using only the various programming modes?

Unfortunately I'm not up to date on the newer Toshibas, but on the old DK40 and DK280 you dialed the extension followed by a "1" to do the voice-announce.

Also the display names could be set from either the "Main" phone (In my case 200) or the individual phone - on the DK's it was [Intercom] # 6 2 1 to set the name.

On my DK280 there is a checkmark that goes in either the system parameters or on a per-phone basis (I forget) that says "voice first". I program through the admin software when it is in a good mood, so I don't know the keypad code for that function.

You would need to have your PDKU/BDKU Digital card set to offer OCA.

I think you can change station names via handset programming depending on your sw level. What sw level are you on?

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

jknichols: thanks for the reply. I already tried the old DK40/DK280 codes, but on the newer system, that particular code now activates "system call forwarding" or something. I've also tried dialing both 1 and 2 after the extension to no avail...looks like our system wasn't programmed to allow OCA.

donb01: thanks. I read in some of the user manuals I found in PDF online that the feature has to be activated, but it's not mentioned how. I'm guessing one *requires* either admin software or one of the stations being granted administrator access, which is unfortunate... I miss our old Norstar where everything could be programmed and managed from our main phone. :( No extra software required...

TheProvider: thanks for the reply. I was sort of hoping for a feature code that I could just dial on one of the stations to activate OCA ... I'm not nearly experienced enough to tamper with any of the physical cards so that option's out! :)

I'm not sure what sw level I'm on...is there an easy way to find out? How would I change station names via handset programming, anyway? I suppose I could always try and if it doesn't work, then conclude that I don't have the right level... and if it does work, then great: I can call "John" and have my LCD display "Calling JOHN" instead of "Calling JIM"! LOL

I would personally have eManager/WinAdmin installed for changes like this.

It runs as a website on your network so you can access the pages, login to the CTX/CIX and alter names/buttons the works.

I will try and find out the way it can be done on a handset. I know it wasnt possible but the statement was it was coming in newer sw builds.

ACA - IP Telephony

Thanks, TheProvider.

I anxiously await your reply. In the meantime, I'll see if I can find a way to get my hands on a copy of WinAdmin/eManager...

Do be warned. You will need eManager on a CIX. I would advise the latest edition too. Version 5 is on beta, your probably best off with 4.20. They are backwards compatible BUT not forward, so if you use an older version you will be calling upon your distributer.

I will reply re handset name changes tomorrow.

ACA - IP Telephony

I have checked today with Toshiba BCD. This is not possible as yet!!

Sorry to disappoint. Your only savorier is eManager now..

ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back