Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 CD Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

towerbase

Programmer
Jul 31, 2002
GB
Can anyone tell me how to remove the CD drive from a Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 laptop, please?

Andrew
Hampshire, UK

Andrew,

Email/call Toshiba support, tell them you are a tech, and ask for a disassembly/reassembly manual. They should send one via PDF forthwith.

Tony

If there is not a thumb button on the bottom that allows release of the drive [similar to a battery release] I open the small panels on the bottom to try and locate a screw or screws that will allow removal. I do it one panel at a time and keep VERY CLOSE TRACK of the screws, can't get them just anywhere.

Maybe can help, they sell the drives.

Thank you both.

I'll try to get a PDF manual from Toshiba and if that fails, I'll try to follow landlubbers advice and proceed very carefully annotating precisely which screws come from where.

Andrew
Hampshire, UK

Andrew,

What I use is a pill box w/ individual lids for each day only instead of M T W etc. I write "1, 2 3" etc. then place the screws in the compartment and close the lid after each step. I bought a pill travel kit that has a LOT of boxes w/ small compartments for about $5.

Tony, you're very well organised. I wonder how much it would cost to ship the Tosh to you ....

Andrew
Hampshire, UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back