Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toshiba Network eManager Connection Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared R

Technical User
Jun 25, 2017
US
Hello everyone! I just got back my Toshiba CIX40 phone system and set aside my NEC SV8100 phone system for a while. I am running Toshiba’s Network eManager programming software version V5.20B30 on my Windows 10 64 bit laptop. For some reason however, when I try to connect to it, I keep getting the following error message: “Connection failed! CIX40: ERROR_COULD_NOT_CONNECT_TO_CALL_AGENT”. I have tried connecting the CIX40 directly from the PBX to my laptop using a crossover ethernet cable and connecting the CIX40 to a switch using a regular ethernet cable which would obviously then go to my router but no luck. In both instances, I made sure that my laptops ethernet was set to the IP address of 192.168.254.200 & the subnet address of 255.255.255.0. I also changed my ending DHCP address to 200 in my router. The phone system IP address & community name are default so I know I entered that information correctly. I keep trying different methods for hope that it will work but I cannot seem to make it connect. I am hoping that someone can help me make it connect with some advice or information? Thanks so much in advance!

The crossover cable should suffice in this instance between ksu and laptop. I would verify the ksu IP address via P916. Installing a BDKU in slot one will assign extensions 200-207 by default thus allowing you programming access through the phone. Also, make sure the cpu battery is strapped in the ‘on’ position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back