Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

toshiba HD audio cause system frozen during the bootup. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

meatmeatof

Technical User
Jul 9, 2007
US
computer: Toshiba Laptop
model: Satellite M115-S3094
I downloaded all necessary driver from Toshiba website include chipset, sound, video and etc.
This is their website:

the sound card driver cause system frozen during the bootup. it freezes at the progess-bar in the starting window, which mean it doesn't even come to the login screen.

my friend said the sound card and modem sound are combo in one chip. IT's high definition audio.

do you guys have idea how to make this sound word?
i am re-doing a fresh installation and i don't know if it makes difference?

does anyone have same laptop and know how to get sound works?

The way it sounds like, is that it is loading the driver and stopping at the initialization of the hardware... this can be due to it being the wrong driver or a damaged driver...

you will most likely need to have XP loaded with all hotfixes (especially the UAA hotfix), then the chipset drivers, then the audio driver for it to function correctly...

UAA Hotfix
to download:

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

BadBigBen, i believe it is stopping at the initialization of the hardware. However, i download the driver from their official website. it can't be the wrong one.

i need to install the following from #1 to #3?
1. UAA
2.chipset
3.toshiba sound

is the link you provided me include all the hotfix?

For now trust what you downloaded from the manufacturer (99% they are correct, though I've come across dated and mislabled drivers in the past... this should not scare you though)...

the way to install the software, is correct the way you listed them...

No, the link I provided is only for the UAA hotfix, the other hotfixes etc. you will need to DL from MS yourself...

Ben

BagBigBen. i installed the UAA driver you provided me.
The laptop detects the realtek audio driver and the modem driver. wow.. at least it detects the audio driver, but it has no sound although the driver manager shows it's correct driver.

Then i installed chipset and modem driver.
i haven't installed the audio driver from toshiba website.

i am afraid installing it could fukup the laptop again for next step installation.

the UAA audio. once i installed it, the laptop detects audio driver and modem audio driver. so, it's obvious that the modem audio and regular audio are combo in one chip.
that's weird build for laptop.

right now, it shows "realtek HD audio output"
should i go ahead to install toshiba's audio driver?

i didn't installed all the hotfix. i only installed the one you provided.

badbigben. you are the best.
the laptop sound is fixed and it's good.
thank you very much. you are very good :")

Sorry, about the late response, but I had to do some studying, Exam comming up on Tuesday and all...

but I am glad that you got it running and that it is fixed...

Ben

BadBigBen. How do you know when a computer has a sound card and modem sound are combo in one chip? does toshiba website said about it? Are all the laptop sound card PCI card?

wish you luck on your exam. take care.
btw, what exam are you going to take?

1.) usually all devices are run through the PCI bus, either hardwired as in onboard sound chips (AC97) or through cards (Sound cards)...

2.) modems usually use the build in sound systems, ergo AC97, so a combination as to them being on one chip, is feasible but usually not... you can always cross reference the sound chip with the manufacturer of the sound chip, as to what specs they have...

3.) the exams I am taking at present, are the German State Career Finals (can be compared with an Associates Degree) in Computer Science (Fach-Informatiker)... unfortunately this career field covers a broad spectrum in the IT world, ranging from Networking, PC hardware (A+ certs equivalent), Programming to general education such as, Economics and Current Affairs, leaving specialization to be sought in the real world...

after passing the Exam, it will allow me to work in a broad range of fields, spanning from Help Desk Support up to an IT Infrastructure Consultant, depending on the grades as well the more money the better (for me at least)...

since I've been building and messing with computers the past 20 yrs. I've thought it wise to at least have the correct paperwork backing up my experience, should I decide to relocate once again, and possible to shorten further studies at a college in the US, CAN, or NZ (the preferred english speaking countries to which I would relocate)...

and thanks for the heads up on the exams...

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back