Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toshiba DK with remote phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

It wire techs

Vendor
Dec 5, 2017
US
I have a client I do the IT work for and they without my knowledge changed their ISP. when the new circuit went up some brilliant person turned off the Ethernet over copper for the phone system,.,they have a Toshiba guy and they set up AT&T fiber with an ATA for pots lines. After all this their Toshiba guy tells them to get a PRI and do away with the pots. Its an old system they do not want to invest more money in but now the guy wont cut them over unless they go PRI,.,.HOSTAGE TAKER!!!! so they dumped and dumped it in my lap

Can someone tell me how to change the static IP subnet gateway and DNS in the systems VOIP card, either through the phone or can someone hook me up with the PC admin program,,.Am I violating TOS asking for such a thing here? Doing the 12 cross connects is no problem but I need to get the remote office back online its been a week and now they call me,.,.WOW right??

Ok thankx for any help

Telephone System Repair
Los Angeles

Sounds like too much info let alone confusing.

Client changed ISP, need to change the IP address for remote site IP sets?

I am not a a Toshiba tech but I am old enough to recall ripping a couple DK's off the walls...over 25 years ago when IP sets did not exist so your model given is a red flag for me.

Post a more accurate description such as:
Toshiba Strata CTX PBX
Voip Card BIPU-M2A

Search for - Strata CIX and CTX IPT/DKT Telephone Administrator Manual

Those 3 appear to be as close as I can get to help/point you, maybe it might be similar.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back