Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toshiba CTX100 Routing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

norteld

Vendor
Apr 9, 2007
US
Hello all. I've got a question about the routing capabilities of a Strata CTX100. Just so you know, I am a Nortel/Norstar & Avaya tech and don't know a whole lot about the Toshiba systems, so that's what brings me here today :) Here's the scoop, I have a customer with 2 offices, one with a Toshiba CTX100, and the other with a Norstar MICS. Both sites have a PRI, and each extension at both sites has a DID for each extension. What they want is to be able to dial the 4 digit extension of a phone located at the remote office to be connected to that person instead of having to dial the main number and be transferred.

I got it to work on the Nortel end by doing this: I set up destination codes and routes for each of the extensions at the Toshiba end so if they dial 4000 (to call extension 4000 at the Toshiba end), the Nortel sees Destination code 4000 and uses the route I programmed for it (say Route 100 for example), and dials extension 4000's DID (say for example 333-4000), and the call rings at extension 4000 on the Toshiba end. As far as the caller on the Nortel end knows, they are just dialing 4 digits, but obviously a little more is going on ;)
My question is can the Toshiba be programmed the same way to call an extension on the Nortel end by using only 4 digits? If it can, I will hire a Toshiba pro to take care of the programming. I just need to know if it can do it. For some reason, I've had a pretty hard time trying to find out if it can do this.

As always, your advice is greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows of either someone in Las Vegas who can do it, or someone who can set it up remotely (the CTX100 is setup for remote access through a modem and dial-up connection) I'd be happy to pay someone to take care of it for me.

Thanks again!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back