Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toshiba CIX with IVP8 - access to internal modem on voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulabird

Technical User
Jan 13, 2010
US
Greeings:

I've got a CIX with IVP8 in the chassis. As the sys admin password was accidentally changed, I need to default the password. I've tried using port 2 but was unsuccessful as I did not have a null modem adapter at the time. I am going to pick one up anyways but I'm curious about resetting the password remotely. I am using Stratagy Admin 2.1 and would like to try an remotely change the password. Does anyone know of how the operator transfers my incoming modem call to the internal modem?

Thanks

You need to access the main company greeting from outside - the one that normally says "if you know the number you are trying to call...." and dial 993 for the internal modem.

The one I was taking care of had a DID number you could call to check your messages so I would dial that number on the modem, such as: 123-4567,,,993

Three commas after the phone number worked for me most of the time, but sometimes I had to use 4. The trick is there are 2 parts to your company greeting - typically the "Thank you for calling Widget World International" part is an announce only thing, and then you roll into the "If you know the extension... please enter it now, or press 1 for sales..." part is actually monitoring the line for DTMF tones. You need to have enough commas so your external dial sequence can complete from wherever you are, the phone can ring and be answered, and you are into the right part of the greeting. If you go through the receptionist she can't merely send you to X993, she has to go through the steps of transferring the call to voicemail, and when asked for the mailbox she needs to enter 993 and then release the call to you.

Hope that helps.

Thank you. I'll give it a try later this weekend.

It seems my earlier attempts at using a local serial interface failed as I was using the 'Stratagy Admin' (release 2.1) software. I was supposed to be using the 'Stratagy VM Manager. Once installed and connected via serial (with null modem adapter in slot 2) I was in like Flynn. Can't believe I couldn't figure that out sooner...

I was using R4ADMIN with mine, which was basically a cheesy DOS program, but it worked better than navigating the menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back