Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

toshiba cant boot from the hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

techbrain1

Technical User
May 14, 2016
GH
I ve a toshiba which is unable to boot from the hard disk.
In the bois i am not able to see the presence of a hard disk.
When i replace it with another hard disk ,the problem is still the
same.
Please what is the solution to this issue.

Please what is the solution to this issue.

Insufficient information provided to answer that question.

Four guesses

1: No power to drive.

2: Data cable faulty/not plugged in

3: Drive is dead

4: Drive detection is turned off in the BIOS.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

What is the model number of the Toshiba, And are you saying, that you put a known good drive in the machine, and BIOS still doesn't see the drive? Depending on BIOS, if you have a SATA drive, and the BIOS is set to show IDE drives, it will not show the SATA drives, on the main page of the BIOS. If it is UEFI it will. To find your HDD in BIOS, you usually have to click a setting in BOOT that sets the boot hard drive, if it is not seen in there, it is a bad system board, if a Laptop, and the drive is working in another machine. In a desktop,try another cable, power supply/power line, and port on the system board.

techbrain1,

Any further info? What else did you try?

One obvious test is to try connecting the hard drive to another computer directly or via adapter.

But it sounds like it has to be the system or the cable, not the drive (unless happens that both drives are bad). Connecting to another computer will at least help narrow down possibilities.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back