Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

toshiba caller id

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguy422

Programmer
Nov 23, 2002
CA
we've got an old DK48 system we inherited - previous owner claims it had caller id, our local interconnect doesnt think its capable and our provider claims there is caller id on the lines-- any suggestions?

the manual should tell you if it is possible (sorry never worked on Toshiba besides my old Laptop I had once), but having that said caller ID comes between the first and second ring. If you have an auto attendant answering with the first ring you will not get the caller ID. So make sure that you either get rings directly to the phones for incoming calls or that the Auto Att is delayed by 2 rings to capture the CID. Short of that hook up an analog phone with caller ID directly into the line to see if CID is on the lines.
I would think that the interconnect should know the product but that sometimes depends on whom you talk to there. Google the manual and see if it is an option on the system and also make inventory of the system and if there are cards that can be inserted what cards are in there and the release and exact type of it. Whith all that info you will find out.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back