Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TopSpeed Db and Lotus Notes ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoAP

Programmer
May 30, 2001
GB
We have a program commercially written using topspeed. Using MS Access to write SQL and using the ODBC drivers was OK for simple 'select * from tablename' type queries which are really no good to anyone. Anything more complex from Lotus Notes seems to have kittens.

I have found that for Crystal reports the default SQL syntax is incorrect. Is there a similar problem with Lotus Notes and how do I fix it.

Thanks in advance for your fixes

Gordon

Please help me too Gordon.

I have a working MS Access\VBA program that I want to use the data from a clarion file. My normal method is to output a delimited file that I import into the necessary tables in MS Access. I have not found a way to do this that creates a clean file without any extra bad characters.

My next thought is that I would like to use an ODBC type of connection. The only problem is that the files are not a .TPS extension. It is a .DAT.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Spencer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back