Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TopN CrossTab

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmanoma

Programmer
May 29, 2008
US
Hi,

I am trying out my first crosstab report and was wondering how to display Top 25 values in CrossTab.

I use CR for.Net VS2003

I have some MarketPairs as rows like
GreenVille-HuntsVille
Washington-HunstVille
and column are Airlines like
DL
AA
US
summarized fields are Trip counts.In the VS2003 create report and inserted CrossTab as said above but not sure where to set Top 25 marketPairs only.When I right click the left corner on the crossTab I don't see any TopN/Group sort option.What am I missing here?

Thanks in Advance
Mano

In Cross Tab Expert select change summary.

Default is Sum, in drop down list select Nth Largest.

Ian

After selecting the crosstab, go to report->group sort (just as you would in a main report) and select topN=25.

-LB

Thanks Ian and Ibass.
After I selected the CrossTab the TopN Expert is greyed out.I am not able to select it.I know I am missing something basic here.Please help.

Thanks
Mano

Please try again. This is the correct method. When you select the crosstab, select the upper left corner.

-LB

No Luck.Please see the image file that I had attached to the mail.The TopN Expert is greyed out..

I had modified the sql to get the top 25 records at the backend.Now I got the resultset ordered but the MarketPair Group option doesn't show 'original order'.It gives option only for asec,desc.specified order.

Is it possible to make it do original order?

Thanks for your time.
Mano

I'm not sure what's going on, but maybe it has to do with your modification of the SQL. I don't think original order is ever an option in a crosstab. Could you also build the desired order into the SQL?

-LB

Do you have specified order set for the columns of the Xtab? That will prevent you from getting the Group Sort Expert.

If you need both, turn of the specified order of the columns, put on the TopN for the rows and THEN put the specified order back in.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back