Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Topic: Dynamic Explorer context menus - problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradmathews

Programmer
Mar 29, 2004
US
Howdy all,

I have written an app that dynamically modifies the windows explorer context menu. It works on all files as I put my GUID into HKCR\* (and HKCR\AllFileSystemObject and HKCR\Folder while attempting to debug this issue).

The problem is it doesn't work in My Computer, only Windows Explorer. Right click on a file in My Computer and I get bupkis.

I installed a couple of utilities that work the same way mine does and the registry entries are identical. Yet they DO work in My Computer and Windows Explorer.

I got my code and techniques from Hamilton's VB Shell Programming, Michael Dunn's article on The Code Project and a lot of sleuthing in the registry.

Is there something missing in my implementation?

Thanks in Advance,
Brad

Solved!

Right click in Windows Explorer and uFlags passes CMF_EXPLORE as expected.

Right click in My Computer and uFlags passes CMF_NORMAL which is what you would expect for a right click drag! Even more interesting, when I do try a right-click drag, uFlags does not pass CMF_NORMAL. Not that I care right now, but then, what is the interface for right-click drags?

This really doesn't make much sense, but if this stuff was easy we wouldn't get paid the big ;) bucks.

- Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back