Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Top N Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajoyp2

MIS
Apr 25, 2007
US
I have a Report in Crystal XI where there are 3 groups ,
Category, Type and Item for all incidents closed in a date range.Since the requirement is for 25 most frequent CTI, I have suppressed first 2 groups, Category and Type and kept only the summarized group footer of , Item , this would get the total of each CTI .
Code:
eg  Total tickets closed in Category {Group 1 Name},Application{Group 2 name},Item {Group 3 Name} :{Count of Group 3} =
However now I want to select only top 25 incidents for all the summaries for which in group sort expert I use TopN formula.Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working.
Are there any ideas how I can meet this objective?

You need to remove all of your groups and instead create a formula that concatenates the fields and then insert a group on it:

{table.categ}+" "+{table.type} + " "+ {table.item}

Also place this formula in the detail section and right click on it and insert a count. Then go TopN and select count of this field as your topN sort field.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back