Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Top Level Forms / Writing Notes in a separate Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazl

Programmer
Dec 9, 2002
GB
Hi Everyone

First, I apologise if this has been covered, if so, could anyone please point me in the right direction?

I have a grid screen with command buttons in the form, showing help notes topics. When the user right-clicks on a topic in the grid this opens another form with an edit box and a small grid of URLs/link names.

It's working over the top of other programs at the moment.

I would like to make this work in a separate window, e.g. on the Desktop (toplevel form?) so users can tab between the two.

Is this really possible? I had problems due to no READ EVENTS, so the screen would flash and vanish. But I really want to avoid READ EVENTS as this affects the other programs. (Also, if I just throw one in I get fatal errors - daft idea!)

If I use Show(1) for my form will this work if it's top level? There are some issues about this and modal, should I follow the threads on fixing these?

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks

Karen

It does sound like you want top-level forms. READ EVENTS shouldn't prevent this or get in the way of other applications.

Tamar

Hi Karen,

Top level forms are never modal.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks for your responses.
Will have to have another go at this.

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor