Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

top border on text frame callouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthomas666

Technical User
Sep 5, 2001
US
In creating documentation, I often have to add a callout to a graphic. I do that by importing the graphic, then laying a text box over it.

The problem I'm having is that the text crowds the top of the box, so that there is no white space betweent he text line and the top border. Formatting the text box paragraph to include some space before doesn't do anything.

Right now, the only option I have is to put in a hard return, but since that results in too much space, I then have to go and format that paragraph to reduce the spacing.

Is there a way to EASILY establish the margins on a text box?

I'm not sure I understand your problem, however, when you import the graphic you can easily change the size of the anchored frame containing it and its offset position within that frame. Then simpy add the callout within the image's anchored frame wherever you made the space for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back