Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Top Banner designed in Fireworks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tforr

Programmer
Aug 14, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have designed a banner to go on the top of web page. This has a number of combo boxes i.e I have 5 boxes going along the botton of my banner. These are

HOME - LOGIN - PRODUCTS - SERVICES - ABOUT US

Each option has a number of further options i.e when the browser hovers over Services they will see the following:

CONSULTANCY
IMPLEMENTATION
MANAGEMENT
TRAINING
SUPPORT
TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOFTWARE SUPPORT
REPORTING

All the links are working really well. The problem lies when I set the screen to different screen resolutions. If for example I have set the screen resultion to 800 x 600 pixels, the banners drop down boxes are lined up well. If I then change the resolution to 1024 x 768 the drop down boxes are no longer where they should be. All drop down options are positioned a specific amount of pixels to the left and therefore no longer where they should be. I need to take this problem into account because browsers will have different resolution settings.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas

Does anyone have any feedback on the above?

Thanks and kind regards,

Thomas

Check the FAQs section. Take a look at "Positioning PopUp Menus". Hopefully that'll help.

I had a look at "Positioning PopUp" Menu's on the FAQ's page. The information is great but I wasnt told how I can solve my problem when I resize my browser and the PopUp menu change positions on my web page. VERY annoying.

Does anyone have anymore ideas?

Take a look at my website to get a better idea. Remember to change the size of the browser window.

If you create a pop-up menu in Fireworks, you place the menu relative to the button itself rather than in a pixel-specific location which prevents this problem from occuring. Did you create your logo/menu in FW or some other way?

I created my logo/menu in fireworks and then imported it into Dreamweaver MX. Thanks for your feedback mattygriff. So where do I start so I can prevent this from happening. Would appreciate the help.

Thanks and kind regards,

Tom

I created my logo/menu in fireworks and then imported it into Dreamweaver MX. Thanks for your feedback mattygriff. So where do I start so I can prevent this from happening. Would appreciate the help.

Thanks and kind regards,

Tom

Double-click on one of your pop-up menus and work through the 'wizard'. One of the screens allows you to place the pop-up in a specific location relative to the button.

I assume that, on re-exporting the HTML, this would rectify your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back