Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tools to help with deployment of .mdb with .dll's

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbarr

Programmer
Sep 15, 2003
US
Are there any tools out there that I can use to install all the requisite .dll's used in an .mdb file that I created. Right now I have an app with a coupld of .dll's that I manually register on the user's computer ... It hasn't been much of a problem as the number of users has been quite small and they. However, the number is increasing and I'm looking for a way automate this process as much as possible.

Thanks.

- Bruce

I would look at:
Inno Setup:
or NSIS:

[blue]"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is BAD! Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur; it bites!!" - The Tick[/blue]

With Visual Studio.Net you can create deployment packages that will do what you are looking for. Otherwise you can create a Setup.bat file that will create the directory on their computer, copy the files, and register the .dll files automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back