Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toolbar with exe file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan - Gendev

Programmer
Jan 9, 2011
AU
I have a new exe file compiled and I see this toolbar across the top of my app's window
How can I remove it please?
The blue above is my desktop and the ochre below is my app's screen.
toper_sale1g.png

GenDev

That's the standard toolbar from the VFP IDE. It usually is only available in the IDE, but would appear in your EXE, if you share your development foxuser.dbf with your EXE.

So don't share the foxuser.dbf. The simplest way to not share it is: Move your EXE into a new folder, starting it, it will create its own foxuser.dbf and that by default will not show IDE toolbars.

If you intentionally share a foxuser.dbf for having some other features, a customized report preview toolbar, for example, well, then close the toolbars in the IDE, copy the foxuser.dbf in that state and your EXE also will have no IDE toolbars opened.

Chriss

You can hide the toolbar as follows:

Code:
IF WEXIST("Standard")
  HIDE WINDOW "Standard"
ENDIF

Put that at the start of your main program.

And to bring it back:

Code:
IF WEXIST("Standard")
  SHOW WINDOW "Standard"
ENDIF

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

You can hide and show other toolbars in exactly the same way. Just use the relevant toolbar name in place of "Standard". For example:

Code:
IF WEXIST("Form Designer")
  HIDE WINDOW "Form Designer"
ENDIF

For a full list of toolbar names, see the Help topic for SHOW WINDOW.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back