Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

toolbar cunundrum 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

uscitizen

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
US
i have a form that is 5" wide and that i want to be worked with at that size (not bigger or smaller); it is actuated from a 'switchboard' menu item. it has been paired with a 'tool bar' that has a subset of about 5 commands (called 'screening log'). in its 'menu bar' property the setting is '=1' which i've been told deactivates that feature. 'pop' is set to 'yes' and 'modal' is set to 'no'.

the reason for this inquiry is because when the form gets actuated from s/board, the 'screening log' 'tool bar', while appearing in the grey area atop the a2k window, is greyed/stippled out and the commands on it are inoperable!?
i want users to be able to filter be selection, excluding selection, by form, delete record, sort ascending and descending (which are command subet in the tool bar). the data properties allow filters, edits, additions and deletions are all set to 'yes' in the form's property window.

right clicking on the mouse, when in this form brings up nothing. however, i notice that the new record star at the bottom of the form's view is available and that right or left clicking the mouse when hovering over the 'pointer' on the left hand side of this form causes that side to black out and that one is prompted to tell a2k that one is sure about deleting the record.

what, if any, is the formula for getting the the tool bar i created working OR anything at all that lets the user access the commands in it?

anybody????

“The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next." --- Abraham Lincoln

When the form's popup property is set to yes, then toolbars are not available to that form.

c'est la vie i guess.

thanks, for sure for the heads up!

“The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next." --- Abraham Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back