Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toolbar buttons in Outlook 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iao

Programmer
Feb 23, 2001
US
Hi.

I use a requirement writing software program called DOORS. After installing DOORS on my computer, a DOORS toolbar button appears in my outlook window. I am not referring to the main Outlook window, but the message window (this is the window that appears when you create a new e-mail message).

Having the toolbar button there is fine. From the outlook message window, if I select View | Toolbars, I see two items checked: E-mail and DOORS. Those are the two that I want.

The problem is that this DOORS toolbar button is on a entire row - all by itself. I cannot get this button to permanently take residence on a row with other buttons. Even if I drag it over next to the E-mail toolbar, when I close out and create a new message, the button goes back on it's own row again.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

You might try going to Tools > Customize > Options (tab) and check the box that says "Standard and Formatting Toolbar share the same row."
-or-
Is it possible to do Tools > Customize and add that button to your regular Email toolbar, then you could close the DOORS toolbar? It sounds like the DOORS toolbar may have a mind of it's own, but it's worth a try.

Sawedoff

Hmmm - nope, didn't work. In fact, the "Standard and Formatting Toolbar share the same row" checkbox is disabled. Do you know why that is?

Possibly your program has altered the menu system? Not knowing the DOORs program, I'm not much help there. Did you try adding the DOORs button to another toolbar?

Sawedoff

Well, here's the trick (if anyone cares). I was unable to get it to go on same row as the the E-mail toolbar. However, I added the Standard toolbar and then moved the icon to that row.

Now, it stays there, ever after closing the window and coming back in.

Thanks so much for all your help sawedoff. I'll still give you a star!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back