Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toolbar Button Customization - IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbassngal

Programmer
Feb 18, 2003
US
Hi all, I would like to add a customized button to automate a task when using the internet browser (IE). We use a program at work here where we constantly add the same context to a text box within a screen such as this one. For example, I would like to add a button to my toolbar within internet explorer that will add the word (every time I click it):

"Due within 24 hours"

The context is actually very much more, but you get the general idea? I have only programmed in VBA and some VB, can someone suggest how I could get this done or point me in the right direction. I know this is possible with Microsoft Office Professional products, but I don't know where to begin with this one. Please help! Thank you!!

How is this information displayed, do you enter this information in a text box. What extension is this web page, php,asp? If you view the source code can you see the text box and if so what is the name of the box? You can create a script to load a page and enter what ever information that you and on the load. Please display the code of the text box if you can.

Timgerr

-How important does a person have to be before they are considered assissinated instead of just murdered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back