Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tool to measure LCOM in Java? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexCuse

Programmer
Apr 13, 2006
US
I am working on a project right now that includes evolutionary study of an open source java program. I have been able to take all measurements just fine, except for LCOM. Everything I've found that will take this measurement is eclipse based, and the program I am studying is built using ant. To make a long story even longer, it won't build in eclipse, so I can't really use any of the tools I've found. And I lack both the time and the java expertise to persuade eclipse to build it (there are something like 1400 classes involved, depending which release I am looking at).

Before I start trying to write my own tool to do this, I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had recommendations. I can work with either the binaries or the source files, and the only limitation (That I've found yet anyways...) is that I can't build the project in eclipse.

Also, I am not too concerned with the calculation method used for LCOM at this point (although Henderson-Sellers method would be preferred).

TIA,

Alex

[small]----signature below----[/small]
You can't fit a square data in a round table

jaxtell, that looks like just the ticket. Thanks so much!

I will give it a go when I get a chance later today, and let you know how it works (as it works with the binaries like the other tool we have been using, Structure 101, I don't foresee any problems). I would give you 20 stars if I could!

[cheers]

Alex

[small]----signature below----[/small]
You can't fit a square data in a round table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back