Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tool Tip Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwake

Programmer
Feb 12, 2004
US
I'm using CR 2008 with an Oracle 11G db as my data source. I have a field in a report that displays eligibilty codes and there is a requirement to show the meaning of the code when passing the cursor over the field. There are 7 different codes (ex. NON, REN) and a short description for each code. The problem is that users can enter 1 or more codes (ex. NON, SES, RENGT) in any order and the tool tip should display all the related descriptions seperated by dashes. How do I create a formula that looks at the codes and then creates a tool tip with the associated descriptions??

Use Split() to break the codes into an array. For example: Split({codes_Column}, ", ")
Loop through the array elements and build the tool-tip info into a string variable.

hth,
- Ido

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back