Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tool for documentation - BOXI Release 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessebo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
Hi,
We are currently using BOXI Release 2 and oftentimes we have users say to us "Please just make sure this user receives the same reports as I do". I have no easy way of knowing which reports this particular user receives other than having to hunt and peck. I also would just like a documentation tool that would look at all of the reports that we currently have in Business Objects XI Release 2 and be able to export this information in a nice format (pdf, etc). Is there a tool out there that will allow us to view what I have just mentioned above?

Now with Sarbanes-Oxley, documentation is key and a tool to be able to document our reporting environment would be great. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would imagine that with all of the 3rd party vendors out there that at least one of them has such a tool.

Thanks,
Bessebo

Instance Analyser from Zoom Software allows you to quickly find and organise instances on your CMS. You can search and sort via user and many other options and export the data to excel with the columns of your choice. It also has a lot of batch scheduling features if that interests you as well.

I would think that APOS would have something similar but I didn't see exactly what I was looking for unless I am missing something.

Yes, Apos has something similar but doesn't include the schedule functionality and it's quite a bit more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back