Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

too much scipt wont write the code

Status
Not open for further replies.

sketchings

Programmer
May 19, 2003
US
Ok, my problem is that this script for adding a user has worked once, but now it wont work and I believe I've gone back to the db version and the script that worked.

what happens now is that if I put the whole script in it locks up and doesn't finish printing the page. But if I don't add everything it doesn't lock up just reading the database.

you can see the version that works here the version I'm trying to get to work here:

and to see the scripts themselves go here
thanx for any help you can give,
alena

You have pointed to the same script twice there, not the good and the bad.

Hmm, I don't seem to be able to download your code from the showperl script, however, as general practise, it could be an idea when processing form values to 'clean them' through a hash first - as an example, try inserting these lines into line 11 ( just after the get_form statement ) of showPerl.pl

my %cleandata = ( 'good.pl' => undef, 'bad.pl' => undef );

unless ( exists $cleandata{ $fields{showfile} } )
{
print "content-type:text/html\n\n";
print &quot;<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>ERROR</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>An error has occured</BODY></HTML>&quot;;
exit;
};

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back