Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

too much information, to little room

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaga9

Technical User
Jun 8, 2007
CA
Once I run a parameter query and have my data ready for report form, I find that I have too many fields to fit onto one page. (which is all my boss wants to see)

What I want to be able to do is arrange the fields on separate sections on one page.

My Goal is this...
run my query and open the report so it appears like this...

each entry appear below each other in each section, and each have their own colour so I can identify which numbers belong to which file.

a- does that make sense and b- is this possible?
thanks for your time and consideration!
Sean

I should clarify…. I want the colours to be relative to the report not the data table…
There is going to be near 60,000 entries in the table, after I use the combo boxes for the parameter query though It only should be showing about 10. So I want the first value to be red, 2nd green, 3rd blue and so on…until if needed the 11th is red, 12thgreen, 13th blue.

to order your report into sections, use groups...

as for colours, it's possible, but you'd have to setup a count of your records somehow and then use conditional formatting based on that count...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back