Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

too many records make my subreport crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartvb

Programmer
Nov 29, 2001
BE
i made a report with a subreport.

* if i run that report with 20 records it works normal.

* But if i retreive 50 records and push the next button it crashes after 40 reports and i get the error message "not supported"

* if i delete the subreport and run the report without subreport, there is no problem at all ...

Anyone ideas

Mercikes, Bart

Bartvb hi. I couldn't understand the "next" button.Do u mean the next page button?

I think that is the problem....some of your data in the subreport is causing a problem....Crystal doesn't figure this out until you come to that page in the report....then it crashes.

So try and figure out what data it is receiving when it crashes.....typically it is a null value or perhaps a division by zero or some such operation that only occurs when certain data encountered....run the subreport by itself and see if you have this problem.

Check all formulas for possible traps

Thanks for the tip, checked it, but i haven't found the problem.

It seems that there is somehow a maximum number of subreports possible ?! Because when i first do some other actions, it doesn't crash always on the same place.

i'll try to create the report without subreport...

Happy new year to you all !!

Check how much spare disk space you've got - or are there alrge memo, bmp or BLOB fields in either your report or subreport.

CR usually needs a 1-200 MB of work space - on a large report sometimes a lot more. if it's crashing all then time check for free disk space on the dirve with your TEMP folder. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back