Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Too many processes to run monitor" and HD accessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnguy

MIS
Aug 14, 1998
US
I am running terminal server 4.0 with metaframe on a machine with 256mb ram and a 6.4Gb scsi drive on a token ring network. After the machine is up and running for a week or so the clients will start getting &quot;Too many processes to run monitor messages until the client cannot accesss the applications. After rebooting the server everything works for awhile until it shows up again. <br>
Another thing which may or may not be related is that the drive is constantly being accessed even when noone is logged in or even if the server is dissconnected from the network. Any suggestions?<br>
Dave

Maybe some processes aren't being cleaned up (killed) when your users exit.<br>
<br>
Are your users allowed to &quot;Disconnect&quot; and leave a session running but not connected to a client?<br>
<br>
Mike<br>
<p>Mike Lacey<br><a href=mailto:Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com>Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>

I have been monitoring the processes and I don't see any increase but then I may be monitoring the wrong thing.<br>
My users are set up to close everything upon logoff or timeout disconnect. I am using metaframe to provide<br>
public library patrons access to a cd-rom database so I have everything locked down as best as I can. They can only run the applications I have icons for on the workstation. The disk accessing may be related. It accesses every 7 seconds without any outside activity. I have removed the server from the network to troubleshoot. <br>
Thanks for the input, I will keep tracking what I can on the performance monitor.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back