Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Too Many Fields Defined???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2004
US
I'm trying to open one of my customer forms and I get the message "Too Many Fields Defined". HELP. Do I have too many on the form or too many in the table????

NOVAmichelle,

Yes and no! Actually you probably have reached the form's lifetime number of controls. What that means IS EVERYTIME you create a control on a form and then delete it, Access keep track of this. The lifetime limit is 754. (I have no clue where they came up with this number).

To get around the problem, you will need to create a new form and cut and paste all of the controls from the original.

Here is some other form related info..

Attribute Maximum
Number of characters in a label 2,048
Number of characters in a text box 65,535
Form or report width 22 in. (55.87 cm)
Section height 22 in. (55.87 cm)
Height of all sections plus section headers (in Design view) 200 in. (508 cm)
Number of levels of nested forms or reports 3
Number of fields or expressions you can sort or group on in a report 10
Number of headers and footers in a report 1 report header/footer; 1 page header/footer; 10 group headers/footers
Number of printed pages in a report 65,536
Number of controls and sections you can add over the lifetime of the form or report 754

Sorry to bring bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back