Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Too many connections from the same MQClient

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClientBH

Technical User
Aug 13, 2001
AR
Hello,
I have the following situation. I appreciate any help you might give me.

- I have an application running in a 24x7 hour basis on an NT 4.0 platform.
- I am using MQClient V5.1 with C++ in order to connect to a QManager which is accesible through the net.
- Sometimes, there are some problems on the network, what makes my application fail if for example it is putting a message in a queue.
- My app. is prepared for this kind of problems, trying to disconnect and reconnect, waiting for the network to come back. This is working fine.
- But as a result, as I cannot close the queues nor disconnect from the QMgr (as I have no network), on the server the connection remains.
- Therefore, the next time I am able to connect, on the server remain 2 connections from the same IP.

Is there any way by which I can connect to a QMgr and tell him to destroy every previous connection from the same MQClient (= from the same IP)?

Thanks and best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back