Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Too many Columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamboy27

Programmer
Sep 25, 2006
US
My report has around 60 columns, so idesigned in CRXI but when viewd at infoview, only showed around 11 inces(A4 landscape), and other data were cutoff. Someone please help me what would be the other way to design this report. This report is so wide it needs around 60 columns.

Thanks in advance for your help.

There isn't. But here's a work around. A lot of AR/AP, Financial reports are 60-200 columns wide. Set your paper orientation to landscape and then scrunch all those fields onto the paper. You can set your labels at a 90 degree angle. Once you have done that, then kick it out in excel. Educate your users to hit the left upper corner of the excel spreadsheet to expand the columns to their necessary widths and height, and away you go.

Thanks so much!
satinsilhouette

Is it possible to redesign the report, so that it shows several lines of field per detail rather than columns?

Or staggered columns, on two lines so that adjacent fields on different lines can overlap?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I have this problem too as all my reports have to output to Excel. Try selecting a printer that takes A3 paper, set your report to use A3 landscape,font size of 8 and overlap columns as previously suggested. As you won't be printing on that printer, it shouldn't matter if you can use it or not, as long as the drivers are installed.
This is a major design fault in CR, it should allow wider pages for reports to be used in Excel.

a quick searcg would have resolved your problem. take a look at this thread149-845420

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back