Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Too many calendars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish2000

Programmer
Apr 30, 2005
US
I'm using Project 2000 SR-1.

I have a master project with about 40 inserted projects all using the same shared resource pool.
I recently had my resouce pool file get corrupted. Using my master project file I was able to sort of recreate a new resouce pool by copying resources into a new resource pool file. But all the resources got scrambled in all the sub-projects. I am guessing that the internal IDs for the resources in the new pool are different somehow. So now I have to go thru every task & reassign the correct resources.

Here is the question, all of my projects seem to have created new calendars (standard1;standard2; etc.). Is there a way to delete all of these unwanted calendars or any unwanted calendar for that matter. I have made sure that these calendars are not being used. It is a real pain to scroll thru all these unwanted calendars for every task.

ps. Before you say it, I am now making our nework guy back me up each night.

Tools | Organizer | Calendar-tab and select and delete the unnecessary calendars.

You may have to go to each individual project and delete them there or maybe you can do it from the Master project.

Let us know what works.

And, it goes without saying so I'll say it, back up everything YOURSELF before trying this. Can't trust anybody these days!

Thanks for the help!

I am still going to have to go through each individual project and delete the extra calendars though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back