Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Too hot for wireless router in the attic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2005
US
Hello,

I live on florida and the attic gets DAMN hot in the summer, I was thinking of putting my wireless router in the exact center of the house but in the attic ensuring i get a good signal all over the house since in some corners of the house i get a very weak signal.

Do you think it is too hot to put a wireless router in an attic? Also do you think it would be a fire hazard?

Yes, it would be to hot. I very much doubt that the parts are automotive temperature spec, which is what they would have to be.

PS
If you have a router with a connector for the antenna you could put the antenna in the attic.

check the manual it tells you optimal temps. plus unless you are using a managed router I wouldnt worry about. If you are using a device with solid state memory like a linksys or djunk...I mean dlink dont worry about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back