Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tone when transfered to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

3GComm

Vendor
Mar 25, 2004
I have an Executive Suite customer. During the day the receptionist answers all calls. At night, I have ringing groups built so that the callers ring the proper "business" rather than getting the receptionist. Anyway, my problem is that during the day, when the receptionist transfers a call using F986 to someones voicemail, it makes a tone on the users set and displays the caller id information. This is a problem. Recently they had just switched to a PRI and this problem started. On centrex it does not happen. Can you help? Also - is there anyway that when the receptionist puts a DID or Target line on hold that the user can pick it up without being transfered or call parked? They are really use to the way Centrex worked where the line appeared only on the user and appears and rings on the receptionist. This way when she put the call on hold, she did a voicecall back to the user and they just picked it up. Now it has to be transfered. Any suggestions?

The tone cannot be deleted to my knowlege, it was designed to let people know that somebody just went into their vmail in case they want to pull them back out via F987.

As for your second problem....or should I say theirs? park the call or better yet camp the call, no need to transfer.

Do U have target line prog'd as appearances on both user set & receptionist? Try this

Are you sure about F986 generating a tone?
I tried this in the lab, and the tone is only when the call comes to the set via transfer or direct call and goes to VM on a DND, CFNA, CF Busy, or if the set is forwarded to VM. When F986 is used there is no tone.
And the tone cannot be turned off, it is only subdued when the set is off hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back