Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tone and Tagging 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2009
US
I'm putting a estimate together for Cat5e Installation. I'm new to this! What is a good price for Tone and Tagging per Cat5E cable.
Thank you

good for you or for the customer ?

no way to tell without knowing the layout of the building , number of drops etc .

just figure 2 (or more ) men at what you would guess it would take per drop and go from there .

you might want to terminate the station end first since your already there and have to strip the jacket to get a tone on the cable .

if you don't need them in logical order I would terminate both ends and use the Datalite to number

saves lots of time , id and test and label all at once

Tone and tagging only? Cable already there? Hourly rate quote would be easiest. Tell them a minimum of whatever you think it will take, but additional hours will require added hours. Then charge whatever you charge per man, per hour.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back