Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tomcat connector extremly slow for static content

Status
Not open for further replies.

andlpa

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2008
AT
I'm using Tomcat 6.0 with the included web-server (Coyote) on a Linux(Suse) system. The download of static content is very slow (100kB > 30sec), although I'm directly connected to this machine via Ethernet and a simple 'ftp get' is pretty fast.

The server is downloading part of the content, then wait's, then downloads the next part etc. During the wait everybody (server, client) seems to be idle ???

I'could'nt find any specific configuration settings in server.xml for the connector. These are my settings:

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
connectionTimeout="120000"
redirectPort="8443"
URIEncoding="UTF-8"/>
<!-- A "Connector" using the shared thread pool-->
<!--
<Connector executor="tomcatThreadPool"
port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
connectionTimeout="20000"
redirectPort="8443"
URIEncoding="UTF-8"/>
-->

Any ideas would be very welcome?

Thanks

Meanwhile I've installed the native APR connector. It didn't really change the performance.
However the problem was in the ADSL-configuration, cause I used the same ADSL-connection as both source and destination. This seems to confuse the ADSL-router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back