Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tomcat connections not closed on RHEL server after failover

Status
Not open for further replies.

omonoiatis9

Technical User
Mar 18, 2012
CY
Hello,

I have 2 RHEL 5.11 servers and both of them are running tomcat application.
Both servers are active but only one of them is the "live" server.
All connections are handled by a firewall which determines which server acts as the "live" one and therefore redirects the packages there. When the firewall decides that the "live" server changes (due to network communication delays or other reason) it clears all connections send to the previously active server and send the packages to the new active server.
However, i noticed that when the failover happens the connections of the previously active server remain "established" on the server and they are not cleared unless i stop and start tomcat application.
When i stop tomcat i see the following messages in catalina.out
Code:
Dec 15, 2015 2:14:46 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [/xxxapp] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans$1] (value [org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans$1@1584b8d]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@1f8183b]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Dec 15, 2015 2:14:46 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [/xxxapp] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.arcot.core.util.PerfCountersPerThread$2] (value [com.arcot.core.util.PerfCountersPerThread$2@2d2d8c]) and a value of type [java.util.HashMap] (value [{authentication.=com.arcot.core.util.PerfCounters@fee424, issuance.=com.arcot.core.util.PerfCounters@342b49}]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

Is there a way to clear these connections without restarting tomcat?

Thank you

Failover server took over Active Server. When Active Server was down. When you want all users disconnected. You didnt need Failover server again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back