Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tomcat && weblogic 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

nines

Programmer
Mar 10, 2001
ES
Hi, I have jsp in tomcat and EJB in Weblogic 5.0 and all ok but I need connecting tomcat whit Weblogic 6.0 and I don't know how do it.

If I copy the jar's files from lib of weblogic to lib of tomcat it tell me "java.lang.InternalError: error initializing kernel".

Thank you very much

dear,
tomcat and weblogic both are request/response oriented servers. so in order to interact with them, u need to send the request to them through a specific port onto which they listen to. eg. normally, for tomcat the port no. is 8080 and for WL, it is 7001. so what u need to do is to write the code in JSP to access the ejb which w'd be lying on the WL.( the bean should be off-course deployed on the server first ). so obtain an initial context of the server and then call the methods of the beans by it's remote object.
( now don't tell, that u don't know how to do that )...
do not forget to write the http URL of Weblogic, while obtaining the context from the JSP.

Gaurav.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back