Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tomcat 5.0 & Reg Ex Tag Lib

Status
Not open for further replies.

bundyld

Programmer
Oct 2, 2001
US
Hello all,

My company has recently installed Tomcat 5.0 which is using JSP 2.0. We are having some issues with a Regular Expression Tag Lib that we were using with 4.1.27.

When the jsp loads we have the REG EX escaping any apos, quotes or slashes that will be populated in input text fields so that they are correct when re-inserted into the database. However, when we installed the new version of Tomcat, we are getting some issues. The REG EX for parsing and escaping the apos... has a $1 in the expression that was used with the previous version of tomact and worked fine. However, with Tomcat 5, and I think it has somehting to do with the new JSP 2.0 conflicting with the tag lib, the jsp page is displaying the $1 in the page where the apos should go that was entered. And obviously, when submitted the $1 in the input field is saved to the database instead of the apos.

Has anyone else run accross this issue? Does anyone have any clue what is causing this? Any help is greatly appriciated, and I think it might be because the new JSP has some built in tag libs that might be conflicting with the REG EX tag lib, but I am not sure yet.

Thanks in advance,
Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back